Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blind Hope

This past weekend, I completed my first book to reveiw from "Blogging for Books."  The title of this book is Blind Hope and it is written by Kim Meeder and Laurie Sacher.  It recounts the true story of a young woman and the dog she rescues.  The young woman, Laurie, sets out to do something noble by taking in an abused dog, yet ultimately finds that she, too, is in need of hope and healing. 

A relatively short book, it was easy to read.  It did cause me to see, in a new light, the great parallel in our personal (master/child) relationship with God and Laurie's relationship with her dog.  So, there were moments of "I've never thought of it that way!"   However, I did find the book a bit repetitive.  I DO think this would be a SUPER book marketed toward pre-teens/teenagers.  The story doesn't shield the reader from certain harsh realities (animal neglect, young adult issues, and loss of a pet), but does keep those realities appropriately restrained for a younger audience.  And I do think that a younger targeted group would find the "moral of the story" fresh, engaging and at times, profound.  I plan on letting my 11 year old daughter to read it soon.

I received a complementary copy of this book for review from waterbrookmultnomah.com.  The opinions are my own.

No comments: