Tuesday, February 23, 2010
serendipity ~ winter edition
~ Devotional we are using for Lent ~
~ Lenton Salt-dough Crown of Thorns, sand representing Jesus' desert sojourn,
and beans to count the days ~
~ Lenton mantle decorations ~
~ Dutch braiding ~
~ scrapbooking love ~
~ the commander clone rex snowman ~
~ Snowgirl Judy ~
~ Valentine cupcakes ~
~ a Southern Miracle ~
~ Mimi and Valentine Happies ~
~ Hugo takes possession of the swing ~
~ amazing Lego pirate ships ~
~ a much cherished foster baby boy ~
Blessed. Abundantly blessed.
May the love of God touch each of us so deeply, daily, that even
the most humble acts of our lives are alight with His glory.
Daybook ~ February 23, 2010
Outside my window...it is twilight and cool.
I am wearing...my scrapbook girl sweatshirt and jeans.
I am excited about...creating new posts for the blog.
From the learning rooms...continued studies from the past weeks.
I am creating...scrapbook pages, plans for next year's curriculum and an exercise regiman.
From the kitchen...hamburgers and smothered potatoes.
I am reading... A Long Obedience in the Same Direction by Eugene Peterson and Chinese Cinderella and the Secret Dragon Society by Adeline Yen Mah.
I am hearing...the dishwasher running (what a blessing!), the music from my blog, my children playing in the living room.
I am looking forward to...a quiet evening at home, reading to the kids, journalling and scrapbooking.
Spiritual Motivation...remains the same as the last daybook entry.
Memory Verse...And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2
The creator of this project is
Monday, February 22, 2010
62. Respite, again.
63. Hearing the kids and my husband chatting while building with legos.
64. The joy and inspiration my family finds in legos.
65. The warmth of my home, when it is cold outside.
66. The satisfaction of organizing my thoughts.
67. Menus planned out.
68. Menu plans executed.
69. Working on this blog.
71. Capturing my thoughts onto the pages of my journal.
72. Introducing the kids to journaling.
73. Reading bedtime stories to the kids.
74. Music, always.
75. My husband at home.
76. The peace of God.
77. The everpresent Hope found in His Word.
78. The privilege to Home School.
79. The thrill of planning the next year's curriculum choices.
80. Candles burning.
Thank you, Jesus. Thank you, Jesus, for the daily blessings you unfold in my life. You are faithful, always, and have blessed me abundantly. Thank you, Jesus.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
46. the baby napping
47. the kids having so much fun getting out of doors
48. the hope found only in Christ
49. the anticipation of visiting with a friend
50. a homeschool day completed
51. agile, healthy bodies
52. grace given
53. abundance of clean drinking water
54. the comfort of music
55. God's word, freshly read
56. the anticipation of an unread book
57. the opportunity to scrapbook
58. an husband who works so hard for our family
59. children eager to learn
60. studying hymns with my children
61. hearing their voices lifted, acapello, in praise to God