Sunday, October 12, 2008

Living the Dream

Ira and I were talking recently. We were discussing something about which we felt differently. I wanted one outcome, he another. The subject was serious and we both felt strongly, differently. I think, one day, I will tell this story. It is worthy of written words. Even though, I wanted what I wanted, what I fundamently wanted, was to honor God and my husband. I knew that Ira regretted not "letting" me have what I wanted. It came to me so clearly, then, as it does off and on. The realization of that One Thing was not the centerpiece of my hopes. My reality is this: I AM living THE DREAM. I literally could not ask for more. I am married to a man that wants to honor God and adores me. We believe in each other's dreams and passions. I am a mama. I have always wanted to be a mama. Four kids. Abundance. Our home, room to spare. A church home about which we are passionate. Opportunities to minister to young women. Scrapbooking. Reading. Living. God is Good, God is Great. Blessed be the name of the LORD.

No comments: