Sunday, January 31, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

For today: Sunday, January 31, 2010

Outside my window: It is sunny, clear and chilly.

I am thinking: how blessed respite is.

Counting Blessings:

35. my five senses

36. quiet moments

37. moments of great inspiration

38. appliances, functioning properly

39. a husband who graciously tends our foster baby

40. a husband who takes the time to hear my heart

41. the absence of pain

42. the opportunity to exercise

43. sweatshirts

44. respite

45. the encouraging words of a friend



From the learning rooms: We are continuing to catch up in grammar/phonics, reading, math and handwriting.

I am creating: Scripture Memory Books, with a monthly passage that will be read in unison by our family at suppertime.

I am going: to exercise and drink coffee shortly.


I am reading: Resurrection File by Craig Parshall and A Long Obedience in the Same Direction by Eugene Peterson. I am also listening to each day's date in Proverbs.

I am hearing: E practice the piano and I, M, J, and S playing with lego pirate ships that they created.

Some of my favorite things: lotion, painted toenails, music, watching movies.


A few plans for this week: continue homeschooling, spiritually training and loving on all my children.

Spiritual Motivation: Is the same from last week - to become increasingly aware of the nature and direction of my thoughts. It is to bring my thoughts into subjection to the truth of Christ. I also want to endeavor to remain on the same course of action, faithfully. I want to not be distracted by all the possibilities, good possibilities. I want to practice "A Long Obedience in the Same Direction." (taken from the title by Eugene Peterson)

My Memory Verse: If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:31-32

The creator of this project is http://www.thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wonderful!!! Blessings to you this week.