Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Max on Life


I just completed reading the book Max on Life - Answers and Insights to Your Most Important Questions by Max Lucado.  In this book Lucado responds to many questions which are organized under the broader formats of Hope, Hurt, Help, Him/Her, Home, Haves/Have-Nots, and Hereafter.  The questions are numbered (there are 172 of them) and there is a topical reference section in the back of the book, thus making this book VERY user friendly.  Among the questions addressed are ones dealing with the purpose of our lives, dealing with disappointments and pain, handling personal finances and a myriad of other questions common to most people.  In addition, at the back of the book, Lucado offers pointers on the need and value of well written words.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.  This is the first book that I have read by Max Lucado.  His gift of expression, explanation and harnessing the written word is literally astounding.  I read the book, cover to cover, even though typically, one would probably locate the particular question and just read from there.  Lucado's work is backed up with scriptures throughout.  His answers are compassionate and thoughtful, yet succinct.  This is most definitely a book I will treasure keeping and one that I know will be a valuable reference tool.  I would highly recommend this book as not only a great read but also as a great resource for ministry.

I received a complementary copy of this book for review from http://www.booksneeze.com/ .  The opinions are my own.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I enjoyed this book, and also read most of it in one sitting, just enjoying the way Lucado writes. I've read several of his books over the years, but I think I'd like to go re-read them. I really enjoy his unique perspective on common things.