Thursday, May 5, 2011

Nick of Time


Nick of Time is a suspense novel in the "bug man" series by Tim Downs.  Downs' main character, Nick Polchak, is a renowned forensic entomologist.  He is also delightfully quirky man who maintains a dry sense of humor throughout the book.  A forensic entomologist helps solve murders through studying bugs found at the crime scene.  This book begins with less than a week to go before Nick is to be married.  A colleague requests Nick's help in solving an old case.  The two agree to meet up at the monthly Vidocq meeting.  Once Nick arrives, however, things quickly fall apart.  True to his nature, Nick becomes absorbed in the details of this case, leaving his fiancee, Alena, to wonder if Nick can commit to this marriage.  And, will Nick return in the "nick of time" for his own wedding?

This is the third book that I have read by Tim Downs.  Like the others, I found Nick of Time engaging and easy to read.  There were times that I busted out laughing while reading it.  (Which means that I will be reading this one out loud to my husband!)  The plot is tight and fast paced.  This book was definitely a delight to read.

I received a complementary copy of this book from booksneeze.com  The comments are my own.

No comments: